Each Thursday I send an email to my community in which I share the 7 best stories I come across each week. Most are focused on business, investing, and technology, but I try to mix it up a little. Whatever the topic, I try to make sure their provocative, fascinating, educational, enlightening, amusing – or all of the above! It’s the perfect list for some weekend reading.
Here’s the list of my most popular stories from July. If you haven’t read them yet, it’s never too late. And if you want to get these types of stories in your inbox each week, just join my growing community by subscribing to my site in the sidebar on the right. There are other benefits too, like a guide to picking the best Motley Fool Newsletter for your investing style.
In order of popularity, here you go:
- Disney will be a big winner as consumers cut the cord.
- Elon Musk’s third company, Solar City, is the transformational one.
- 5 Advantages You Hold Over Professional Investors
- A good lesson about not changing investing horses mid-stream: “Avoiding Process Drift”
- “WHEN a decision is made is more important than WHAT decision is made.”:A former Google Exec on how to make tough decisions quickly.
- I’d never heard of this method for investing a lump sum, but it’s a great alternative for those of you in that situation: value averaging.
- Warren Buffett’s wealth through the ages: few us will be billionaires but the real take away is the effects of compounding in the last part of the graph.