Each Thursday I send an email to my community in which I share the 7 best stories I come across each week. Most are focused on business, investing, and technology, but I try to mix it up a little. Whatever the topic, I try to make sure their provocative, fascinating, educational, enlightening, amusing – or all of the above! It’s the perfect list for some weekend reading.
Here’s the list of my most popular stories last month. If you haven’t read them yet, it’s never too late. And if you want to get these types of stories in your inbox each week, just join my growing community by subscribing to my site in the sidebar on the right. There are other benefits too, like a guide to picking the best Motley Fool Newsletter for your investing style.
In order of popularity, here you go:
- Investing: Keep it Simple Stupid
- If anyone has a child starting high school or college this fall, you might want to show them this as they think about what they want to major in, and their future career choices: US College Majors and their Median Income.
- Reiterating again that even the best-performing stocks spend a lot of their life looking like unsalvageable wrecks, this post asks the question are you the type of investor with enough patience and fortitude to hang on to them long enough to reap the gains that eventually come.
- 7 Retirement Blindspots
- A long but very interesting read on investing in Oil stocks.
- Continuing my tirade on commercial air travel, here is a neat POV video of what happens to your checked luggage. I have trouble reconciling this intricate logistics flow with the TSA’s inability to differentiate between my bottle of Fiji water and a container of explosive liquids.
- This post by Josh Brown got a lot of attention earlier in the week, and for very good reason. Read it: Computers Are The New Dumb Money.
- Do you think you are a good stock-picker? Are you sure? Investing is not easy, above average results are uncommon. Something Most Investors Can’t Accept.